Monday, February 12, 2018

Valentine - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there crafty friends,

Today I'm sharing a layout I created for Fancy Pants using their gorgeous Sweet Nothings collection from last year. I think this is still my favorite Valentine's line, the colors and patterns are just so unique! Which is actually why I've always loved Fancy Pants so much!


I chose the black and white striped paper for my background, because I think I haven't used this one for background before. To add a bit of interest and a little accent, I adhered two different strips of papers at the bottom of the page.

For my title I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe and I backed the letters with a few different patterned papers. I added foam adhesive to the letters so I have a nice dimension on my layout. 


The photo I chose is a really bad quality photo, however my kiddo's face is priceless (he was still chewing on the last piece of his steak haha) and I love everyday captures like this so I scrapped it anyway. I layered some tissue paper and tucked some tags behind my photo to add a bit of color and texture. I also attached a couple of embellishments at the top, die cuts and a cute heart clip.


I hand stitched around the little heart in the letter A, glued a puffy sticker heart in the middle. Lately I've been using eyelets again, so I added one in the middle of the heart and hung the tags from the hole.  



I then glued down the photo and the cut file too, side by side, and started decorating the title. For this I used a few die cuts, puffy stickers and tags. 


I popped up some of the embellies on the title, to create extra dimension. To finish off my layout, I stamped the date, wrote the journaling and scattered some puffy sticker - and die cut sequins around my page.


So that's it for today guys! I hope you like my layout and get inspired to get crafty! 
Thanks for stopping by today!

X