Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Holiday - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there,

I'm back today, sharing my newest layout for Fancy Pants Designs!

I've used the beautiful Holiday Hustle collection to create this Christmas layout. 


These photos weren't technically taken at Christmas but Sinterklaas (the Dutch version of St. Nick). The Dutch traditionally give presents at Sinterklaas not at Christmas. It's a pretty big thing in Holland and I love it! My kid is so lucky, he gets presents from Sinterklaas and the Hungarian Mikulas (also St. Nick but he only brings candy and small things like that), then Christmas too because in Hungary Christmas is the bigger holiday. Crazy I know! On top of this, in Germany (where we live) again another person brings the presents at Christmas haha. Poor kid must be confused! All the lies I have been telling him since he was little :).

Anywho, back to the layout! I picked a cut file with a bunch of presents from the Silhouette Design Store and cut it twice (I flipped the second cut file so they don't look all the same) from textured white card stock. Then as usual, I backed the openings with different patterned papers from the collection. 


To add some interest, I hand cut a few of the bows for the presents from patterned papers. I glued the cut file on the left onto my background and the one on the right I popped up using some foam adhesive. I tucked my photos behind the cut files. I also tucked some die cut Christmas trees behind the cut file on the right side. I thought they looked fun!


I added a few buttons here and there - I love them so much! I also scattered a couple of die cut pieces from the ephemera pack around my page. 


The title gave me a bit of a headache because I originally wanted to have something else. However none of the red alpha thickers I have in my stash fit for one reason or another. And these die cut alphas fit perfectly. So I just went with these in the end!


That's it for today!

Thank you for stopping by,

XOXO