Monday, November 13, 2017

Thank You Teacher - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there,

I'm back today with a project I created for Fancy Pants. Our focus this time was the wonderful new collection Take Note, designed by the lovely Amber LaBau.

This collection, as its name suggests, is all about planning, notebooks, school, books - especially the embellishments. The papers are mostly generic, so you could use them for any project really. And I'm in love with them! Gorgeous colors and patterns, you can come up with many different color combinations! Looking at the die cut pack I thought it would be a good idea to create some teacher appreciation cards.

I've had this cut file for years but every time I opened it, I got overwhelmed. There's a lot of small pieces! But now I took the time to search for a tutorial on the internet, had a look, and all of a sudden it didn't seem that complicated anymore! If you're interested, you find the tutorial here.









It took a while to cut all the pieces, especially the small ones, even with the Cameo. I'm not big on planning ahead, and here I had to. So I planned out in the Studio program what piece I want to cut from which paper and colored the pieces so I don't forget. Especially because I wanted to create 3 cards with 3 different color combinations. I didn't use all pieces available in the cut file because I wanted to use some pieces from the ephemera pack of this collection.

While cutting the files I started to assemble the cards. I used white textured cardstock as base for all of them to achieve a coherent look. Then I started working on the small pieces like the pencils and apples. I actually didn't end up using up all the pieces I cut!



First I attached the patterned paper panels, the Thank You banners and the teacher labels - here I sewed on different cute buttons from the series. 


Once done, I checked what die cuts from the ephemera pack I could use to decorate my cards. I started gluing these to the base, making sure everything is in the right place and is visible. For this I folded the cards at each step.


I love how they turned out! I'm glad I gave it another try because it was really fun working on these!

I hope you like my cards!

Thanks  for stopping by!

Till next time X