Monday, August 28, 2017

Dream. Dare. Do. Done - DT layout for Fancy Pants Designs

Hello friends,

I'm back with you today sharing my latest project for Fancy Pants Designs.

This might be one of the simplest layouts I have ever done! I used the ever so dreamy Dream Big collection for this. I'll be honest, I generally avoid using ready made background papers, because the layouts come together so quick, I feel like I didn't put any effort in them. Weird, ha?! :) When I first saw this paper however, I immediately knew how I wanted to use it. I wanted to take it apart and put it back together, sort of like a puzzle, but with different sized circles.


I planned to use my Cameo for cutting a background that I then place over the paper, to make things simple. But I was working on this layout at 4am and my family was asleep so I could not use the Cameo. Instead, I took a couple of different sized cups and used them as templates to draw the circles all over the page. Then I fussy cut all of them out and put them back on a white background.

Now, I prefer dimensional pages and this one was completely flat. So I added some foam behind some of the circles and my photo, to create a bit of depth.


I used very few embellies (and basically only die cuts) because I wanted this paper to stay in focus. I originally wanted to use 2 photos, but then went with only one because I wanted to keep the biggest circle with the road on it and I didn't like the photos in other spots.


For my title I chose a die cut which I adhered down with the help of pop dots. I placed this a little more further down the page so it stands out.

I wanted to add a little something to 2 other circles, but no embellishments. I stamped the date in one and wrote the journaling in the other.


I splattered black ink around the page for a bit of contrast and that was it!

This might be a bit of an unusual layout for me, no cut files and all, but I still feel like it's me.

I hope I could inspire you in some small way! Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Till next time,

X