Thursday, December 1, 2016

A non-traditional advent wreath - DT project for Fancy Pants Designs

Hi there scrappy peeps,

I'm back today with an off the page project for Fancy Pants Designs!

I am a bit late posting this as first advent was last Sunday already...But maybe you are like me and create an advent wreath just to have a nice piece of decoration to get you into Christmas mood! 


I used the wonderful Merry&Bright collection for my project, of course. Turquoise being one of my most favourite colors, I was immediately drawn to those papers in the collection that use this color. I used a tray to set up my wreath in. Well. It was supposed to be a wreath :). But then I found this piece and fell in love with it. I was thinking it would be easy to make it too, just collect some small straight branches and paint them white, then wrap jute cord around them and there you have your cool, non-traditional base for your deco piece!


I cut a few poinsettia flowers from the patterned papers. I added pop dots in between each layer to have more dimensional flowers. I used my hot glue gun to adhere the 3 flowers on top. The rest of my flowers I placed around my base, without adhering. 

There's some gorgeous white-gold vellum in this collection, from these I made rolled flowers. Obviously I used my Cameo to cut these, since I have it, but if you don't, you can still cut these by hand. You just need to cut a spiral form, I'm sure there are templates online. It might take more time, but you will love the results!


I really love acrylic pieces lately so I was very happy to find two in the Merry&Bright collection! I really wanted to use one with this project. Both fit actually, but I preferred the clean white look so I went with the white Believe piece. I adhered this to the cord with glossy accents.

I had some black and white tiny baubles and a lot of small black stars at home, which I scattered all around my tray. I also added some of the flair buttons from this collection!


These amazing candles I found in an online shop in Germany. Apparently they are called onion candles :). I love them! Most probably I won't light them, so I can use them again :D.


Some more detail shots:




I hope you like how this turned out as much as I do! I will be back soon with another off the page project! Happy crafting X