Friday, August 5, 2016

Guest designing at Hip Kit Club - layouts and cards Nr 3 and 4

Hello there scrappy friends,

Zsoka back here with you today with my second and final guest post for Hip Kit Club! Thank you so much again Kimberly and Kim for this awesome opportunity, I always love working with Hip Kits!

For my first layout I used the cutest cactus cut file from Kim that was a bonus file this month. 


I modified it a little, added some flowers from an earlier HKC cut file set and I also added Ashley's heart cut file to the pot! I like experimenting with cut files and add my twist to them! I then blew it up so that it took up most of my page and cut it from one of the exclusive papers. I didn't want to back it with one single color so I was happy when I found this gorgeous exclusive paper that reminds me of a sunset. This way I had some color variation without having to back each section of the cut file separately. I then stitched around the cactus with white thread to give it more texture. 





For my background paper I chose the striped paper from the Illustrated Faith line. I cut my title from white card stock and adhered it to my background. Then I hand stitched around the letters. I tried to match my embroidery floss colors to the sunset paper to have a more harmonious look. I layered my photo over some papers, chipboard frame, washi tapes. Finally I added embellishments to my cactus, mostly chipboard pieces. I found some cute flowers in the ephemera pack too, but only two matched my color scheme. So I ended up fussy cutting a third one from a piece of scrap paper! I popped up my cactus with pop dots to add some dimension and also added some to the flowers from the ephemera pack. Added my date on a chipboard piece and done!



Obviously I wanted to use the same cactus cut file for my card too. Here I didn't modify it, just cut it as it was from white card stock. I sprayed some Shimmerz Don't Citron Me on a piece of white card stock, added my white cactus on top. Then I also added some gold metallic thread from my stash to add a bit of interest to my card. There was a cute little cactus in the ephemera pack and I thought why not layer this on top of the white one? I added some pop dots to it and adhered it down. I fussy cut two tiny flowers from one of the Simple Stories papers, added pop dots to these too and glued them on my tiny cactus! So cute isn't it? Then I added a sentiment using those gorgeous HKC exclusive alphas! I added a piece of scrap paper behind this and on top of my white card stock base. I did a bit of machine stitching to finish off my card. Simple and quick!







For my second and last layout I created a cut file from a part of Ashley's Happily Ever After file and a circle. I generally go for pattern paper for my backgrounds too and I wanted my cut file to stand out, so first I backed it with a subtle yellow pattern paper, then I hand stitched around it and I also drew around the flowers in the circle with a black pen. 


To decorate my layout I added some fussy cut flowers, some of which I popped up. I also added some of the Freckled Fawn crosses. I was so happy I finally found a way to use a PL car on my layout because I just love them. Especially these past 2 months, the new finish of the cards is amazing! So I chose the one that had July on it and used it as part of my title. For the rest I used the exclusive alpha stickers. I added some layers of papers behind my photo, as always, and I was done!








My last card is a simple one too: I adhered some paper scrap to my white base, stitched around it. Then I added one of the Heidi Swapp frames and some more fussy cut flowers, gold thread and crosses just like on my layout. Finally I picked a sentiment chipboard from the Project Life chipboard sheet and glued it on top of my frame. A bit of black paint splatter and that was it! So simple right?






I hope you like what you see and I could give you some ideas on how to use your kits in an efficient way (that is, use your scraps from your layouts to make cards or similar smaller projects! Don't throw away anything! Yes, hoarder here, I'll admit!). 

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day! X