Monday, August 10, 2015

My Scraps & More Sketch #111 - (2) In the middle of summer (W środku lata)

For the second layout I knew I wanted to use my Cameo sketch pen for the background. I just wrote "Leave a little sparkle whereever you go" several times (not that you can now tell :D). I liked how it turned out, even if I was going to cover up most of it.

For color scheme I chose a combination of pink, purple and blue to kind of resemble the colors of the little girl's pretty butterfly dress. I didn't have much in these colors, so I created a few embellishments myself and I paired these bright colors with a pale grey. I'm not sure if you can tell by these pictures that the background paper I chose has wide pale grey and white stripes.

 
I've recently purchased the stamp set Shine On from Kaisercraft which I absolutely adore and it's full of circle stamps (my favourite shape!). It has different size circles so it was perfect for this layout. I've stamped lots of circles in 3 different colors on textured cardstock and embossed them. Unfortunately most of my ink pads are distress inks, so the text doesn't come out so clearly (except for the pink which is archival ink I believe), but I like the distressed look anyway. For the blue I've used the new Blueprint Sketch distress ink from Tim Holtz and I am so in love with it! So much so that I also painted the big white canvas alpha thickers with the same color Distress Spray stain. The first row of circles (the 4 big ones) I put on pop dots to give them some dimension.






I've layered some different color cardstock under one of the photos to add interest. Then I've added some embellishments, ink drops, journaling, et voilà! I hope you like! x